Pages

Monday 25 November 2013

Kendrix Self Explaining Roads


Question:
Differences between self-explaining roads (‘SER streets’) and other streets – what differences you notice, what’s good and what’s bad?

B/R, Hypothesis, Experiment, Data:
My hypothesis was that I thought that we will get heaps of responses and people will think the SERs are good and safe. We made a survey about SERs. After we ended getting 46 responses and most of the kids were year threes.

Observations, Conclusion:
Some kids did not know what I was saying and talking about so after asking some students I realized that I needed to state what a SER is, after that some kids gave answers. Some questions were hard for the littler kids to understand so I changed the way I asked them. After doing this survey about SERs and getting responses from 46 kids from Pt England School. After doing this investigation I think that the SER are unsafe and can cause many problems, like accidents.

Communication:
In extension we have been working on surveys about SERs(Self Explaining Roads) My question was What differences you notice with SERs and normal roads, what’s good and what’s bad. After getting responses from 46 pt england kids I have found out that more kids think that the islands on the SERs make the road safer, because it slows down speeders. Some kids thought the islands were not safe because the car might not see the kid behind the island and hit them.

1 comments:

Mrs Tele'a said...

Hello Kendrix. I agree with you about the fact you stated around interviewing younger children. I was impressed with your ability to rephrase your questions so the younger students students could understand you. Well done, maybe you'll have a career in research?

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.